ChipMaster Operations- Ramp/Soak
Press and hold SET for~ 6 seconds, display will read “modE” (mode of operation) use arrows to select “rAmP”
Mode : Ramp
1. Place work into board holder securely.
2. Press SET key once to see pattern “Ptrn” The machine will store 4 different ramp/soak profiles.
Example of profile setup:
Display now reads T1-1 This is the time to reach 150, use arrows to set at 1.00 (1 minute), press SET.
Display now reads L1-3 (Temp for segment 3) use arrows, set at 250, press SET.
Display reads “EndP” (End of pattern) Press and hold set to return to the operator screen.
** If you wish to have more segments in the profile, you can program pattern 2 to be continuation of the pattern,
4. Press up and down arrow at same time to reset timer to zero.
5. Set the nozzle height to 1/8″ to 1/4″ above the IC to be repaired.
6. Turn on Vacuum, depress vacuum pickup until it contacts and holds the component
7. Press and hold the foot pedal for two seconds, then release. The heating will begin, and a time will count
8. After a period of cooling, move the work out from under the nozzle, an remove the component lifted by turning
9. For BGA: Remove all solder from pads using a soldering iron and solder wick, or solder braid, then clean well.
10. Add a small amount of flux paste to the pad area, being sure that some flux is on all the pads. Use the brush
11. Place the component on the board, being very careful in the alignment to the pads.
12. Move the work beneath the nozzle and center it.
13. Press and hold the foot pedal for 2 seconds and release, the temperature will go up on the display,and the machine will run the programmed profile and automatically stop and cool down at the end.
14. Allow work to cool
15. MOve work from beneath nozzle
16. Use flux remover to clean the area of the repair..
*** If at any time you wish to cancel the operation, press the <RS key and hold for two seconds, this will stop